Airtel

Thursday 17 July 2014

‘Reps forced me to resign’ – Adamawa Deputy Gov

The Adamawa State Deputy Governor who tendered his resignation, Bala Ngilari has said that he did so under duress. Ngilari’s resignation which was read by the State Assembly moments before the impeachment of Governor Murtala Nyako, cleared the way for the Speaker of the House to become the Acting Governor. Nyako questioned the resignation letter on Tuesday, stating that no such letter was addressed to him or received by him, which is the normal protocol. “No such was written to him, none was received by him and none was approved by him. It should, therefore, be known that in the eyes of the law, the Deputy Governor has not resigned. “Barrister Bala James Ngillari is still the Deputy Governor of Adamawa State,” Ahmad Sajoh, Director, Press and Public Affairs, Governor’s Office, said in the Tuesday statement. “The truth is that I have not sent any letter of resignation to the Governor up till now,” Ngilari said, speaking with journalists on phone Tuesday night. “The representatives of the House only came to my house yesterday (Monday) asking me to tender my resignation and address the letter to the Speaker of the House which I did. “When the lawmakers led by the Deputy Speaker met and asked me to write the resignation, I wrote it to the Governor. But they asked me to change it and address it to the speaker,” Ngilari said.

No comments:

Post a Comment