Airtel

Monday 23 June 2014

"I left Kano because of illness"- Bayero

Eldest son of late Emir of Kano, Alhaji Sanusi Lamido Ado Bayero, yesterday spoke on why he left the state after the selection of the former governor of Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN), Malam Sanusi Lamido Sanusi. Sanusi, whose name was among the three submitted by the Kano Emirate Kingmakers to the Kano State governor, Engineer Rabiu Musa Kwankwaso, for consideration as successor of his late father in an interview with Daily Trust yesterday, said he left the state not because of illness as widely reported. “Please correct the impression that I left Kano because of illness. It was not true at all, I am hale and hearty. I am not a troublemaker; that was why I left Kano. Because if I am in Kano, even if I just step out of my house it can create a lot of problems which can affect the security in the state”, he said. He added: “I don’t want anything that will degenerate to street riot and all that. The peace and security of my people are paramount to me. I left the state intentionally; nobody compelled me to do so and nobody can stop me from returning to Kano. I will return at my own time; I am not ill,” he said. Sanusi, who is the Ciroman Kano and District Head of Gwale, was absent when his younger brothers paid homage to the new Emir of Kano Sanusi Lamido Sanusi at the palace at the weekend. The children of the late emir, who visited Emir Sanus include; Alhaji Aminu Ado Bayero, District Head of Dala, Alhaji Nasiru Ado Bayero, District Head of Nassarawa, Alhaji Mahmud Ado Bayero, District Head of Fagge, Alhaji Ibrahim Ado Bayero, District Head of Sumaila and Alhaji Aliyu Ado Bayero, District Head of Kunchi. Asked why he is yet to pay homage to the new emir, he said: “There is no problem. As I told you earlier, I am only trying to avoid chaotic situation. Those who are saying that I did not pay homage to him because I am ill are wrong. I am not ill and I am a peace maker”, he said. While urging media to avoid provocative reporting that could create riot in the state, he said he would talk on the emir’s stool at the appropriate time. “I am a man of peace and that was what our late emir taught us. Throughout his reign, he preached peace in the state, country and across the world. I don’t want crisis no matter how small and please you people should help us to sustain peace in the state. It is the responsibility of you the media to preach peace,” he said.

No comments:

Post a Comment