Airtel

Monday 14 July 2014

I will not return to PDP – Gbenga Daniel

A former Ogun State Governor, Gbenga Daniel, has denied being a member of Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, or using his new Labour Party, LP, to upgrade the status of his former party. Mr. Daniel stated this at the Labour Party public summit/ meeting held at Ayetoro, Yewa North Local Government Area of Ogun State on Sunday. He said he remained a bonafide and genuine member of Labour Party and had no plan to return to his former party. “Let me correct the insinuations and speculations that I am in PDP. No, I am not in PDP. I am a member of Labour Party, I am a member of yesterday’s Peoples Democratic Party, but now I am in Labour Party, and Labour Party is the way forward,” Mr. Daniel told thousands of the party’s supporters. Mr. Daniel, who is the Labour Party leader in the state, said if the Ogun PDP was interested in discussions with Labour Party, they would be welcome. He stated that the Labour Party had become a household name and relevant in the state politics. He said by September the party would commence a ward by ward tour to sensitise the public on laudable programmes in stock for them from the party.

No comments:

Post a Comment