Airtel

Saturday 19 July 2014

I’ve returned PDP stolen mandate –Fintiri

The Acting Governor of Adamawa State, Alhaji Ahmadu Fintiri, said on Friday that he had returned what he called the “stolen mandate” of the Peoples Democratic Party to it. Fintiri spoke when he visited the national Secretariat of PDP in Abuja. He said the impeached governor of the state, Murtala Nyako, stole the mandate and took it to the All Progressives Congress. The acting governor was received by the Deputy National Chairman of PDP, Prince Uche Secondus, at Legacy House, Abuja. Fintiri, who noted that his emergence as acting governor restored the party to the people of Adamawa State, said, “As a loyal and obedient party member, I came on a courtesy call to my party and the National Working Committee, as my first assignment after the battle to remove governor Nyako who had stolen the mandate of the PDP under which he was elected for eight years. “I came here to bring back the mandate and I have handed over to them the mandate. I promise that I will work together with the party, its leadership, the people of Adamawa to ensure that our party is restored to the people.” In his brief remarks, the National Publicity Secretary of the party, Chief Olisa Metuh, said the development would restore dignity to the party as well as address the rot and the damage caused by Nyako.

No comments:

Post a Comment