Airtel

Tuesday 3 June 2014

Crack in Kaduna APC as chieftains trade blames

The crack in the All Progressives Congress (APC) in Kaduna State deepened on Monday as former Minister of the FCT and a chieftain of the party, Mallam Nasir el-Rufai, stormed the venue of a press conference organised by chieftains of the party and labelled the party leaders in the state as cowards who would not want the party to progress ahead of of 2015. Rufa’i, in an interview with journalists on Monday, said, “I am just coming from Kano to attend a stakeholders’ meeting here on the way to move our party forward only to be told that some collections of clowns are accusing me of supporting one particular team. The truth about the whole scenario is that those accusing me are lightweights and afraid of defeat. “We have the Congress Appeal Committee, and anybody who is aggrieved can table his or her own complaint before the committee, but unfortunately these people did not follow that process. Rather, they decided to table their grievances before the media, which is in violation of the party’s constitution. “I am the Interim Deputy National Secretary of the party and I have worked round the clock to build APC in Kaduna State. This is my state and I am not afraid of any criticism as a leader. It is expected that people will criticize you.”

No comments:

Post a Comment